Although India’s central bank has taken a hostile attitude towards cryptocurrency, the South Asian country has recognized the potential of Blockchain.
India’s finance minister urges IMF to take over crypto regulation leadership
- Indian Finance Minister said Nirmala Sitharaman In a recent event, the use of technology Blockchain will rise by about 46% In the next few years.
- she added Citraman The future of finance will be driven by the digitization of banks, while artificial intelligence will play a greater role in the field of financial technology.
- The former Indian Finance Minister said: Subhash Chandra Gargin an interview in August, that technical potential Blockchain It has so far been overshadowed by the government’s opposition to the use of cryptocurrencies linked to the new technology.
- India has imposed a flat rate tax 30% on all cryptocurrency income starting on April 1, followed by a tax deduction of 1% On all transactions over 10 thousands of Indian rupees (125 US dollars) as of 1 July.
- did Citraman Earlier this month, search International Monetary Fund (IMF) Leading the way in global regulation of crypto assets.
Source: Crypto Arabia